Saturday 28 January 2017

12 Journals of 2016 - September

Hi Everyone

Only one more page to go to finally finish this series of Journal Page tutorials for my 2016 journal where each month the inspiration has come from Tim Holtz 12 Tags of 2016 series.

I have had so much fun making pages instead of tags that I have decided to make and share a 2017 journal series where I hope I can become your inspiration - but more of that later.  I have promised to get 2016 finished first so.........

Here you can see my original inspiration from Tim for the month of September and I chose to pick up on the patina paint effect and a resist technique.


I had lots of lovely messy fun with this one and you will see how the resist helped me keep my faces and borders clean - the same cannot be said of my hands and my desk!!

I hope you are having a fab weekend full of creativity.  I will be editing movies from my son Callum's gymnastics club Christmas show.  I am enjoying the process but boy does it take a long time!  Callum is now a coach and a gymnast so he was as proud as punch of his little troupe of parrots dancing and tumbling to Rio.  They were so excited but they left a trail of feather wherever they went!  I am still finding them in my craft room and attached to my jumpers from the many hours spent sewing them to ribbon!  Here is Callum in a reflective mood!


Then its on with the show.  Here are the boys waiting to go on.  The show had a fiesta de la noche theme incase you were wondering!  Callum is the one with the blue joggers on!  The boys from Mens Artistic danced the tango with the Girls from Rythmic and it was fab.  It is wonderful to see them tumble so effortlessly during their routines.  I am so proud of Callum who is now really coming on after his major knee operation.  His confidence is coming back as is his tumbling.


So whilst I get back to the video editing I will leave you all with my tutorial.  I hope it inspires you to join me this year when I launch my new series in February.


Until next time thank you for popping by X

5 comments:

  1. LOVE your journal pages and the video tutorial was great.
    You have a very handsome son.
    Happy Saturday

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Krisha - sorry for the late reply. I hope you will play along with me in 2017 x

      Delete
  2. Hi Helen. Just love your work. I have a question. Any chance you could do a tutorial or write a blog on the gel mediums etc you use. It facinates me that you don't really use glue ie Tombow etc. I would love to try out some of your tags and journals but am a bit nervous to go out and buy the gels and all the different bottles you seem to use without knowing exactly what I am doing or exactly what I should be buying! Please don't ever stop your tutorials. Karen Dakyns, Johannesburg, South Africa

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Karen that is is fab idea and one I have been thinking about. Watch this space! I will say though that my go to adhesive is Cosmic Shimmer glue and for my art journals any of the matte gel mediums (Ranger, Faber Castell probably my favourite brands) They act as a glue and a sealant which is important if you have a layer you like that you want to preserve before adding other mediums on top. I hope to do companion videos with my Journal 2017 series perhaps focussing on one particular product that is featured in the page. I really hope you give this a go and I hope I have helped you get two products you will get maximum use out of in your art journalling adventures. Sending hugs to you in South Africa from a sunny Derbyshire…..still a bit cold out there though! x

      Delete
  3. Can send my email address if needed😀

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave me a comment. I always love to read them and if you have a question for me I will reply. Thanks again, Helen x
PS have had stop Anonymous comments as I am getting a lot of spam. I am so sorry to any real commenters that this affects. Feel free to email me if you want to and I will get back to you that way instead x

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...